Skip to main content
How does Solar Buyback work?
- Install solar panels on your home
- Complete the Interconnection Agreement and inspection process with your transmission and distribution provider [TDSP] (CenterPoint, Oncor, AEP, TNMP).
- Have a meter installed and configured by your TDSP to measure the inflow and outflow of electricity to and from your home.
- Sign up for Energy Texas Sun Jacinto Buyback to earn bill credits for excess solar generation
- Your solar panel production goes from your solar panels to your electricity meter. Your home uses what it needs, and any excess goes to the grid.
- Save money and earn credits towards future Energy Texas bills!